Module 2 (Option B) Online Collaboration

How I Like Working With Padlet

I liked working with Padlet. It is user friendly and offers a great way to organize and store relevant information pertaining to a subject or unit. I found it easy to collaborate, and my colleagues receiving the request from me liked it as well. Here is the link to my Padlet.

Two Ways I Could Use A Tool Like Padlet In My Teaching

One way to use this in my teaching is to digitize the way that I store information and lessons pertaining to a unit of study. We will be hatching chicks in the Spring. I can link great books, videos, and other info on this Padlet to be used and ready to go. I don’t have to go looking for anything. It will all be organized on one page.

I could also see loading information with safe links to videos, books, and other resources for my first graders to access.

Description of The Collaborative Project

Our First grade teaching team is collaborating to get info and activities around the hatching of chicks onto one page. We included everything from our original Design plan, notes, photos, videos, books, lesson plans, activities, and journaling.

List of Required Elements (Six Different Post Types) and The Collaborator’s Post and Comment & The Columns Where I Include Them

Columns

Goals & Rubrics

• Text Only: What do we want our students to learn? This is a place for us to just take notes and brainstorm.
  • Link to Google Doc Essential Questions Document

Lessons & Handouts

• Link to Google doc: Questions about Chicks

LINKS TO BOOKS AND EXTERNAL VIDEOS

Embedded Video: Link to How An Egg Hatches

OUR CLASS PICS AND CLASS VIDEOS

– I left myself an audio message as a reminder to place photos and videos from previous years.

• Voice Recording: I left myself a voice recording

TEACHER BACKGROUND INFO

• Link To Website/Blog: Martha Stewart

Screenshot of Padlet